Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Taste Of The Variables That Make My Life

Table Of Contents:
The Beautiful Brown Paint
I Guess It's Mostly The Color That Counts
Yes, I'm A Tough Girl
So.. Are You Supposed To Look Cute?

The Beautiful Brown Paint

Big, brown and a little run down. It’s cute. As colorful as a parachute. Rusted a little, parts scraping off. Dusty in the summer, can’t help but cough. I’m proud of it, I feel like with that apartment, I benefit. The chocolaty color that coats the outside, as it was worked on, it was the paint they had to apply. The color was bright, from a mile
away, my apartment in sight. Lived there almost forever in a day, this place I will never betray. In my apartment I dance and sing, joy and happiness I bring. Everyone comes over to visit my place, the memories they make at my apartment they will never erase.
The inside, all clean and taken care of. Taken care of from the clean carpets below to the roof above. My rooms as pretty as a dove, everything in their taken care of with love. Bunk beds next to the laptop, always changing things in that room, we never stop. It makes me feel like I belong, every time I’m in their, I feel strong. Can I say that it makes who I am? No need for any one's thoughts, cause I don’t give a damn. I love my apartment, I see it as me and my family’s accomplishment. 

 I Guess It's Mostly The Color That Counts

My Uncle has light brownish green eyes. They sparkle when hit by the sun and even when they don’t hit the sun, they sparkle. They sparkle kind of like glass or maybe even like a fresh coat of clear nail polish. He always says Hey, what can I say? I got good genes.
I laugh, I wish I inherited those genes.
Well, maybe your children will get them.
We then both grin, I feel so grown up when I talk to him.
My dad has light green eyes with a hint on brown as well. They don’t sparkle but you will notice them. It is the first thing anyone sees on his face. They give such hard glares, it is hard not to get scared and maybe even giggle a little. Those eyes hide behind his glasses and when he takes them off, it is like he stepped into a whole other world. Everyone stops to stare, you know? It’s like he’s Chris Brown or something, they all look. We here the little comments everywhere we go
Wow, look at those eyes.
Oh, such a beautiful color.
My mom, well she has brown eyes. Just brown, no green in it, no blue. Just a solid light brown. Even though it’s just brown, it’s a pretty brown. One full of color and a rich look. You can stare into her eyes for hours and look at the different designs that are crafted into her eyes. They swirl and take you into a whole other world. She’s pretty, and maybe the eyes are a plus. Who knows? She knows she loves here eyes, she says so herself.
I love them, they’re.... pretty, you know? Just like me. Then she smiles and that’s the end of the conversation.
My sister, she has those big eyes. Like an owls eyes in a way. It’s big and milk chocolate brown. You can see everything behind you by just looking into her eyes. I call it a mirror. She has just brown as well, no green or anything else. No designs or anything of the sort, just plain old big, brown eyes. I love them.
My other sister, well she has normal eyes. Not big, not small, not green, and no designs. There’s really nothing in particular that stands out. Just plain old boring brown eyes. I always tell her
Why in the world do we have such brown eyes?
I don't know, but I would appreciate a color that would pop.
We sigh and sit in silence, what else is there to do when you have boring eyes?
My eyes, what can I say? I have normal eyes as well. They’re brown and medium sized. Nothing that stands out. Well, except my eye lashes. Those things.... If they were to be curled, they would reach my eyebrows.
Yeah, they’re cute. I know they are.
It’s my eyes that make me a little more attractive, at least that’s what I think. 

Yes, I'm A Tough Girl 

I think it was steak. Or something like that, well I don’t know. I was only in pre-school. I loved it though, the sauce it came with and we always had delicious spaghetti next to it. However, only now do I realize how good it actually was. I hated it, just like I hated girly-girls. I could not stand those little snobs, always so perfect and pretty. Their hair stayed in place while mine got all messy by the end of the day. I would never be friends with them, I was always surrounded by boys. You know why, they did cool stuff. Things that only tough people like me could do. Like kicking rocks and three wheeled bicycles. It was from there that I determined that I was a tomboy. I hated wearing pink and having pretty clothes. I liked bold stuff, like boys shoes cause they were for the tough people, like me.
Hey, you girls can’t hang out with us. We do tough stuff. You couldn’t bare that.
We don’t care, we will make sand castles and you can’t come in.
Oh yeah? Well... Who cares? And I stuck my tongue out, not even one more word.
I ran, I jumped, I yelled, I did all the tough stuff.
I’m bold I would think. And I really was, I felt like I really fit in and I found where I belong. Doing boy like things, mhm, it was a great experience. Probably one that a boy would prefer.

So.. Are You Supposed To Look Cute?

Clothes. What is the point of buying those things if you end up throwing them away? They come in all different shapes and sizes. Kind of like shapes. They have nice shades, like blue and red. All kinds of shapes like “v-necks” and “u-necks”. Then they come in all different designs. Some with one sleeve, some with two, some that comes down all the way to your hips, and some that stop halfway.
What has happened to the style nowadays? My mom complains.
I don’t know, I guess every one's adding in a bit more of the teenage style into all their clothes.
She shakes her head, I swear. It is really going to be the end of the world soon, every thing's turning around and changing.
I stare, well it is. I hate having to change my entire closet every 6 months just because their is something new in the stores. That’s exactly why I always stick to my clothes style. I wear my tight skinny jeans, my tight plain colored shirts, Vans, Nike's, or Jordan's, Jordan’s necklace, and a fresh jacket to go on top. There is no changing what I wear just to look like Megan Fox or like Brittney Spears.
Changing styles is like changing your hair style, eventually you look dumb and like you lost yourself. Well, that’s what I think. My cousins change their style at least once a month. Once, they wear skinny jeans and long shirts. Next I see them in booty shorts and those stylish tank tops that are tight around the chest and loose on the bottom half. Then the next time I see them, they would be wearing high waist pencil skirts with a tucked in ruffly shirt on top. It made me laugh.
What’s up with your outfit?
What did you just say? ‘Cause the question is what’s up with your face?
I.... Never mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment