Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Why Do Us Youngsters Shop?

Rokhsor Yusufi
August 17, 2010
ASTI Summer Work

The Explosion of Youth Spending
 From Born to Buy

          Some of my favorite brands would be Air Jordan’s, Nikes, Hn’M, Apple Bottom, and Aeropostle. I like these brands because they are highly fashionable. These brands always have the latest fashion and I love an updated brand. The qualities of all these brands are better than the highest quality. The shoes brands that I have chosen (Air Jordan’s and Nikes) have the hottest shoes out of all the shoe brands known to the world. That is why they cost so much. To me personally, the more something costs, then the more the quality is good. As for the clothing brands (Hn’M, Apple Bottom, and Aeropostle), they have the nicest clothing. The clothing and shoe brands that I like always make a statement telling people that I am the best dresser and that is what attracts my attention.

          Kids are influenced by corporate America in a few ways. Corporate America to me are just something’s (businesses) that advertises what is in style. Also it advertises on TV and when kids go to stores they do not find what they saw on TV; however they do find something else so either way America makes money.

          The “brands” that I like are truly one hundred percent me. I think that these brands create clothes and shoes that are sincerely my style. The shoes that these brands make represent the fact that I like high tops and shoes that have a lot of sophisticated but fashionable and classy designs. Students or should I say and I quote “popular kids” have talked about the “cool” brands around me, but I have stuck with what represents me best. I did not let other kids influence what is the real me because then my personality will disappear and I will be mistaken for someone that I am not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment