Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Believe In...

You believe in this and I believe in that. Now we talk about how we believe in gay rights or how we believe in justice for those who have been done wrong. But whether we believe in God or not is a very touchy topic. I respect all beliefs and I am not here to change anyone's views but I am here to say how I feel.

God is my number one belief. I do not care about education, family, or myself because for me, God is what it is all about. I pray to God every night and I believe that everything that happens is what God does. I do not care if God gives us famine or if we are blessed with money because either way I will believe in God. Why am I here talking about this? I am writing about this because lately, I have noticed people who do not believe in God discriminating against those who do.

I respect that you do not believe in God and that is fine, but why would you try to tell someone else that they and I quote, "should not believe in something that is does not exist". I believe it was about a month ago when a rude and pathetic and freshman friend of mine (who I will call X) said to me, "Yeah sure. You believe in something that is really not up there!" I felt like punching X’s face in, stretching X’s stomach out over X’s head, and then throwing this person in the street so that one of the cars could run X over. You better believe that I would have been laughing. I was offended and disgusted at the fact that X felt like X could tell me to not believe in my creator. I do not care who you are, you never tell me that God does not exist because that is your opinion.

Recently, I was told that a friend of mine was told that God was fake, that she is too religious, and it is annoying. That again, made me want to raise hell and say that those who do not believe in God need to keep their mouths shut because some people are very religious. Therefore, to hear someone say that someone else is too religious really irritates me. I am not sure about the sophomores, juniors, or seniors but I know that there are freshman who do not believe in God and are being rude to those who do. Reminder to them, I am here for education and not to argue about what to believe in. However, if you want to bring it up, then I will keep on going about it and it will be a battle that you will NEVER win. So if you wish to object or anything, feel free to write a response and remember, I respect all beliefs and the point of this what to say that everyone has different thoughts on this "God" situation and so we should not bring it up and start unnecessary arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment