Friday, October 29, 2010

Reflective Essay On Posts From 1st Quarter

Blogging has affected me beyond strictly my school life in a negative way, what happens at school mostly inspires my blog posts and even though writers block can get in the way sometimes, I still end up with a great post. I have posted an average of 24 blog posts this first quarter and a majority of my ideas came from the things that go on at school. In addition, posting these blogs affects my life outside of school just because I constantly look back at my posts and apply them to my daily life.

Ever since Asti, everyday has been different and crazy. Therefore, at the end of the week, I am able to spill out my heart and I do it simply by posting a blog about it. This affects my life out of school because I look back at it and see all of the horrible things that happen to me, which makes me sad all over again. I usually forget about bad things within a day, however when I look back at something bad, it just pisses me off. For example, this was one of the posts that made me feel bad every time I looked back at it.
Most people know that so far, my experience at ASTI has been the worst out of all the other freshman. I have done nothing but stress. I almost fell asleep in class, I have trouble with tests, and I have a lot of social drama. I am being split into four billion pieces and I am just tired of it all. Most of the time I wish I could go to Encinal or Alameda because they have it easier than we do. My worst problem at ASTI is the social ones.

Writers block is one of the worst things for me. When I am writing a blog post and I have nothing to write about, an idea will suddenly pop in my head. I will go with it but after the first paragraph, I suddenly stop and go on Facebook. I do that because I have nothing else to write down to support what I have come up with. That means that I have writers block, which is temporary psychological inability to begin or continue work on a piece of writing. Blog posts have taught me to get over that and I feel like I am capable of writing about anything without spacing out. I relax, read over the last bit of what I wrote, picture it, and go with that. I take what I have and make a bigger picture out of it. That is when the ideas kick in. For my post on thieves, I had writers block on one specific part:
A person in my business is like people sexually harassing me. It disgusts me because it is such a nasty behavior. If you were meant to be a part of a situation, then someone would have told you something. However, when you force yourself into something, you are going to end up annoying everyone. I have never had this happen to me but it is common and I hate it so I just thought I should throw it out there.

I write about many different kinds of things in my blog posts. I write about God, drama, money and all of the other things that can be applied to anyone’s life. I try to think of post ideas that would attract people’s attention because I would love to see their responses and see what they think of the “idea”. It helps me think of things in a different way and from other people’s perspective. Most of the time, the responses I get are good. However, I enjoy the response’s that criticize my work as well because I can learn from it. I see things in a different way, which influence my way of seeing the world and all that is in it.


My writing goals for the next quarter are big. I have big plans and it starts with something small and simple. I want to write more than just an average of five hundred words. My goal is to write somewhere around six hundred to seven hundred words. I want to start using descriptive details to make all of my points. I also have big plans on how to make my blog popular. I have decided to be the first to start a “Hollywood Gossip” thing. This is what I had in mind; I was going to look up all of the biggest and most juicy gossip from Hollywood and post it weekly and keep everyone updated on their favorite stars. I would of course put a link to every place that I got my information from and let people see it for themselves. I will due this by committing to doing the research and planning out what I am going to write so that I can meet my goal of six hundred to seven hundred. 
I wanted to come up with something that would make a strong point and I believe that I made my point. However, before I came up with all of the above, I had gone blank and had no idea on how I could support what I had written. I looked at the bigger picture and thought about how I feel when people are in my business and my mind was filled with emotion, which determined me to write more. I learned that if you have writers block, you should not stop and instead just keep on going. It helps train the mind to keep on going and coming up with ideas.
This post reminds me of the times that people got on my nerves and how every little thing they said to me would bother me. It is not like that anymore because I would be caught dead before I would let anyone ruin my day. This particular blog post was around the time when Asti was just about the worst place to be at. Most of the time, I would post something on my blog and not even look back because I had no desire to live off of the past again.

No comments:

Post a Comment