Monday, November 15, 2010

Im Done

Kite runner. This book was truly fabulous. I cannot believe the was things turned out. Amir got five percent of what he deserved and he adopted Sohrab. It is about time that that selfish little brat did some good. I was not the least bit surprised when Sohrab attempted to commit suicide. I would not want to spend one day with the pathetic and feminine man who ruined my fathers childhood either. But anyways, back to the things that matter, this book really gave me a different point of view on muslims.

We all hold grudges and we all get revenge one way or another. This was shown when Assef's pathetic self decides he wants to do what he meant to do to Amir years ago when they reunited at the Taliban head quarters. It is crazy how many grudges I have held and I still hol them all now. Looking at someone who did me wrong will only disgust me more. I will say I forgie you but I sure as hell do not.

Now, this book was filled wth intense and emotional parts but there is one thing that bugs me. Is the author against the Hazara? Because he makes everything bad happen to them. What the hell is wrong with him? For GOD's sake, give them a brake. You make Hassan become the one who looks like a theif, you make him move out of his home because of that fish breath brat, you make him the one who limps, you make him the one with the hare lip, you makehim the one that everyone hates, you make him the servant, you make him the one who has to put his child in an orphanage because he is taken away by the Taliban, you make his child have to dance for those stupid men, and then you make Hassan die. What the hell is up with that dumb sh*t?

There was really no point in putting him in the story if he was going to wind up dead and forever forgotten. I love the book but it had the most pathetic ending ever. "For you over a thousand times" my foot! You cannot say that to Hassan;s child if you were to weak to say it to him. I have read and seen the movie before this was ever assigne but I never hated him as much as I do now. I hate him and anyone who lived with him after poor Hassan moved out of his hut. Overall, it was a fabulous book and it would have been even better if Amir was not part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment