Friday, December 10, 2010

God Bless Alameda

I got this from Aleah’s blog about Alameda and I found it to be….  Different.

“I am so proud that I live in Oakland instead of bootsy Alameda.”
“I remember I told a friend of mine that I attended a school in Alameda and they said ‘Wheres that’. Then I said ‘See, its so weak you don't even know where it is.’”

I am shocked. If anything, Alameda is the coolest place to be and just because you do not like it here, does not make it dumb or stupid or anything like that. I am tired of people calling Alameda bad names. If you do not like it, then do not talk about it. It is as simple as that. Just because people live in Oakland and it’s where all the “cool people” live, does not make everywhere else dumb.

First of all, if Alameda is bootsy, then what are you doing at an Alameda school? I am not trying to sound rude at all but it is the first question that popped up in my head. Since Alameda is bootsy, then you might as well find a good school at Oakland. Oh yeah, since it is so much better than Alameda, then it shouldn’t be that hard to find a good school in Oakland that is offering the same kind of things that ASTI is.

(My dad works in Oakland and he has seen people get shot but he loves it there and he says he would not want to work anywhere in the world but in Oakland but you do not see him talking trash about Alameda.)

You talk about how Alameda is so weak that your friend doesn’t even know where it is. Well you know where it is. I know where it is. It is just one person who doesn’t know, it is not like Alameda becomes weak and pathetic all of a sudden. This is exactly like saying, “I told a friend of mines in New York that I lived in Alameda and she said where is that and I said see, Alameda is so weak that someone in New York doesn’t know where it is.” It makes no sense, there is always going to be someone who doesn’t know where Oakland is. What I am trying to say is that Oakland is a beautiful place but there is nothing wrong with Alameda either.

No comments:

Post a Comment